wearing: adidas x Missoni jacket (love this! I wear it all the time!) / black leggings / adidas backpack (also makes a great carry-on for travel-laptop fits perfectly inside!) / recycled adidas Parley running shoes (they fit perfectly! My favorite pair ever!)
One of the big environmental topics of the moment is the amount of plastics we are finding in our oceans. As you know, this is a huge problem which affects the entire global population. Our sea life, sea creatures, and oceanic health are at stake; and we cannot sit around doing nothing. We have to act!
There are so many ways to keep plastics out of our oceans. Aside from cleaning up our current mess, we need to ensure we are not adding to it. As a world, we need to come together and keep plastic waste our of our waters, and ensure we are acting responsibly with the plastic we have in circulation.
As you know, I am huge fan of adidas. Not only are they a responsible company who works hard to make fashion sustainable, they are using technology and innovation to reduce our plastic waste, recycle the plastics we have in circulation, and contribute to the clean-up of our oceans. Love that!
I am honored to partner with adidas this month to help spread the word! We all need to be aware of the importance of reducing our plastic waste and recycling the plastics we have in circulation.
Ways to reduce plastic waste in the ocean
- Re-use plastic items such as bags and containers.
- Bring your own bags shopping so that you won’t need a plastic bag when you go shopping.
- Recycle unneeded plastic items.
- Try to not purchase goods packaged in plastic. Looks for good packaged in paper, or reusable containers instead.
- Bring a trash bag to the beach, anytime you go! Wear gloves, and pick up any plastic you see and put it in a recycling bin.
- Find an organized beach clean up activity, and join in!
- Purchase products made from recycled plastic and materials.
- Get artistic! Create artwork with plastic items and display your art in your home, or donate it to a local museum or school. Or, sell your artwork and donate the proceeds to charities who focus on recycling plastic or ocean clean ups.
adidas has an entire collection in collaboration with Parley for the Oceans aptly named the adidas Parley collection! Parley for the Oceans works hard to address environmental threats to our oceans through plastic pollution. Through this collaboration, the adidas Parley collection creates sustainable footwear and apparel which are recyclable and made from recycled materials. Love!
I’m in love with my adidas Parley running shoes. Not only are they a fabulous shoe for running, walking, and working out, I can feel comforted knowing my purchase of them helped Parley for the Oceans address the plastic pollution problems our oceans face.
You can learn more about this amazing partnership and product line online at adidas.com.
Thanks for stopping by!
*sponsored by adidas, all thoughts and opinions are my own.