Outfit details from left: blue tee / black sweatpants / running shoes / boys green jersey / boys black shorts / red long sleeve tee / black and gold sweatpants / white sneakers /
Can you believe schools have been closed for a month already? Time flies! With three kids at home, I have to get creative in order to ensure they are doing their required P.E. time everyday for school.
My kids are required to combine strength, stretching, and cardio, into a thirty-minute workout, five days per week. They have to keep a log of what they do for exercise, and then turn it in to their P.E. teachers every Friday. If they aren’t logging their exercise daily, they will lose precious points on their grade!
In order to ensure they are keeping their P.E. grades up, and to also stay fit, we have devised a weekly at-home P.E. plan! This has turned into a great workout for myself, and my husband too! After all, we are all sheltering-in-place at home right now, so of course the gyms are closed. This makes working out at home even more important. We have no other place to go!
There are three important concepts my kids are required to incorporate into their daily P.E. routine. They need to incorporate stretching, strength, and cardio. We always start our workouts out with strength, then we incorporate cardio, and finish with stretching.
Here is a sample workout of what we do each day for P.E. This is a great workout for adults too! It has turned into my home workout routine.
This can be done in the backyard, or on the floor inside a home or apartment.
- 10 jumping jacks
- Basic stretch routine: stretch legs, back, and arms.
- 25 squats with feet positioned directly below shoulders, toes pointing straight ahead.
- 25 squats with feet wide, and toes pointed 45 degrees outward.
- Walking lunges: you can go around your yard, back and forth inside a room, or save these for an outside walk.
- 10 push-ups
- Plank: on elbows or raised on hands for 30 seconds.
- 10 traditional sit-ups
- 20 crunches
- 60 seconds of ab work, your choice.
- Gently stretch legs, core, and arms.
- Go out your front door for a thirty minute walk. You can incorporate walking lunges! To mix things up, we run in a circle around any cul-de-sac we see. If you are in an urban setting without cul-de-sacs, try doing a sprint down the block after ten minutes of walking. Then repeat after twenty minutes of walking.
- You can also substitute jogging, bike riding, riding a scooter, or roller skating for walking. It’s good to alternate your cardio each day.
- When you return home, do a ten minute stretch routine starting with your legs, followed by arms, and ending with your core.
That’s it! This workout never seems to get boring since we do it as a family, and we mix up the cardio segment of the routine. I’m so thankful we have our fabulous adidas gear for these workouts. They look and feel amazing, so we can continue working out everyday with ease! Love that!
What have you been doing for your home fitness routines during this time? Feel free to share in the comments below!
Thanks for stopping by!
*thank you to addias for sponsoring this post, all thoughts and opinions are my own.