How to look like Meghan Markle
photo credit: Mark Jones / allowed use under Creative Commons /
OK, deep breath . . . the royal wedding is THIS weekend! Eeeeeeeeek! I’m so excited to see an American marry a royal! Don’t they make the cutest couple?
The world has been obsessing with Meghan’s style ever since the engagement was announced. Everything she wears turns into an instant IT item and flies off store shelves! I love that Meghan Markle has a timeless and chic way of dressing. It makes me want to steal her style. Do you feel that way too?
Although her clothing is beautiful, my lifestyle is much too casual for me to attempt to wear her outfits. But, if you are casual like me, we can carry her handbags, wear her nail polish, and own a similar yoga mat as Meghan! She has a large collection of handbags, but I picked out a few which really emulate her style, and translate well for those of us here on the American side of the pond. So, without further ado, here are a few ways to steal Meghan Markles style:
1) Charcoal yoga mat: Meghan Markle has been spotted numerous times with her charcoal yoga mat. To look like Meghan going to yoga, you need to carry one too. Although, once she ties the knot, it is uncertain if we will see her freely coming and going from yoga classes. Perhaps she will have private yoga sessions at her new castle! -wherever in England that may be!
2) Pale or naked nails: Sorry colorful nail polish fans! The Queen has strict rules when it comes to nail polish. Nails need to be either naked, or painted in clear nail polish, or something close to a pale nude. Meghan Markle will have to adhere to these nail polish rules, therefore, she will have pale or naked nails.
3) Three-stone engagement ring: Meghan’s beautiful engagement ring features the classic three-stone diamond setting. The diamond in the middle is the largest, flanked on either side by smaller stones. Steal her ring style by finding a cushion-cut, three-stone ring with the diamonds set in yellow gold.
4) Chloe Pixie: Meghan Markle wore this bag to Christmas with the royal family, and she has it in her closet. You can carry the same IT bag as Meghan; which happens to fit into all the current summer handbag trends. Love that!
5) Saint Laurent Sac du Jour: Meghan Markle has a dark blue Saint Laurent Sac du Jour she has been spotted carrying around town. You can emulate the soon-to-be-royal’s handbag style by toting your own Sac du Jour to the office, to meetings, and any time you need a tote!
6) Altuzarra handbag: Meghan has been spotted carrying a black Altuzarra Braided handbag in smooth leather. This is a chic satchel with a shoulder strap which is big on style. It’s a cult classic, and so very chic!
7) Gucci Dionysus evening clutch: This has been a hot IT bag for several years now. Meghan has been spotted wearing a fabulous black velvet Gucci Dionysus clutch when donning formal attire. This is a beautiful classic clutch we can all use in our wardrobes.
8) Everlane tote in cognac: Meghan Markle has been spotted numerous times with this affordable, daytime tote bag priced under $200. It offers a chic silhouette with timeless styling. Since it’s so affordable, we can all steal her style by owning this tote!
Shop Meghan Markle handbags and accessories:
There are many additional ways we can steal Meghan’s style, but these are a few easy ones we can adapt to ASAP. Now raise your hand if you are super excited to watch her wedding this weekend on TV! My hand is waaaaaay up! After all, haven’t we all, at one time in our lives, dreamed of being royal? She is living every little girls dream. I’m excited for our soon-to-be-royal American icon!
What do you think of Meghan Markle’s style? Are you excited for the wedding too?