Pantone has given us a sneak peek into the color palette for spring 2013, and it is nothing short of fabulous! The colors forecasted for next year’s warm weather season are lively and vivacious; as described by Pantone.
Put on your sunglasses because designers are favoring florescent hues, pastel shades and many colors have become the “new neutrals.”
Here is a breakdown of what to expect in the color palette for spring and summer 2013:
- Blue is the new black. Shades of blue will not be watered down, and they will be the base for many ensembles in the spring 2013 season.
- Neutrals are being transformed and offering shades of color as opposed to being basic beige or sand.
- Bright colors are still hot and will evolve with new color combinations put together in unexpected ways by designers.
- Metallics are still important but will be found intertwined in fabrics and materials as opposed to 2012’s overt metallic trend.
- Black is still relevant, although sidelined by blue for spring 2013. Black will be played with, and like fall 2012, the classic hue will be found in varied textures, materials and offered as depth rather than a flat shade.
- Brown will be an alternative base color and will be used to compliment the colors of the season.
There you have it! Pantone has given us a sneak peek into spring/summer 2013. The spring/summer 2013 runways will debut in early fall and here at Bay Area Fashionista we will be watching to bring you the newest trends hot from the runway.
Watch us this fall! We will be bringing you the top ten colors for spring/summer 2013 too.
Wondering how to get a head start on the spring/summer 2013 color palette? While shopping the summer sales this month, look for florescent hues, shades of blue which are not watered down and textured fabrics in black. They will be great items for next year and will help you be ahead of the runway fashion curve.
Happy shopping and stay fabulous