pictured: adidas Parley running shoes /
We only have one planet, so we need to care for it, and protect it, as much as possible. That is why it is so important to think about what we purchase, and how it could affect the planet long term, as well as the community.
In the twenty-first century, we have the benefit of advanced technology. This technology offers us so many ways to recycle materials, and make materials, which are sustainable and will be kind to the environment instead of damaging it for future generations.
I love finding companies which are creating products using these advances in technology, as well as donating a portion of profits from specific products to do good in the world. Whether we help those in need, or reduce our waste on our planet, we are helping humanity through giving back and protecting the environment.
There are so many causes and issues for us as humans to care about. It can sometimes be overwhelming as to which ones we choose to support! Sometimes we can donate our time and money to causes, other times it is fine for us to be passive and purchase products we already need which support causes we may not normally donate to, or we don’t have the time to support another way.
These five brands are killing it! They are either using technology to create sustainable fashion, or using their resources to help those in need. I love supporting brands that give back, and hope you enjoy doing so too!
- Chico’s: As you know, I am a huge Chico’s fan! They have beautiful prints and patterns designed in-house by artists, as well as practical garments that are easy to wash and wear on a daily basis. The company is dedicated to the community, and one of their big impacts is the work they do for Habitat for Humanity. Chico’s gives both time and money to this important cause, and you can help them! They have a collection online which helps raise money for Habitat for Humanity. They also help collect donations for the charity. You can find the perfect cardigan or top for summer, while supporting an important cause. Love that! You can learn all about it at Chicos.com.
- adidas: adidas is my favorite athletic brand, and I love the fact that they are innovating ways to help the environment and make fashion more sustainable. Their “For the Oceans” campaign currently produces shoes made from recycled polyester; and the shoes are 100% recyclable. The company is working hard towards shifting to recycled polyester on their line by 2024. Stay tuned! I will be going more in-depth on this topic later this month. To learn more now, please visit adidas.com.
- H&M: This fast fashion retailer is working hard to protect the environment and become more sustainable. They collect old clothing in-store so that it can be recycled instead of thrown away. H&M also has an eco-conscious collection which promotes the use of recycled materials. Love! To see the collection, check out HM.com.
- TOMS: I think by now, TOMS is a household names. This innovative company has built their business on giving back to the community. Every TOMS purchase benefits one of six causes the company is dedicated to. These causes include homelessness, equality, safe water, mental health, ending gun violence, and giving shoes to those in need. To learn more, head over to TOMS.com.
- Makers Market: This innovative company offers handmade products for the whole family, and for the home. They also offer upcycled goods and sustainable products! To learn more, please visit makersmarket.us.
There you have it! This is my current list of brands that give back. Which brands that give back are your favorites? Please share in the comments below!
Thanks for stopping by!
Wow! I didn’t know that the majority of these brands gave back. That’s truly incredible and I am always so happy to support brands that support others <3
I love that you compiled this list together! I always try to support brands with a strong mission!
Madison | Madison-Fichtl.com
Thanks for sharing this information. I am glad brands are trying to do their part.
I love it when brands gift back and appreciate them more and want to give them my business! Thanks for sharing this. I had no idea about H&M!
Agreed that sustainable fashion is so important these days! H&M always has the cutest pieces in their sustainable collections.
Ahh cool! I am all about brands that give back or do their part to reduce waste and plastic use. Good to know that some of the brands I love (Adidas, TOMS) are doing their part!!
This is SO awesome!! I didn’t know this about these brands. Thanks for sharing!
Honestly, TOMS is the only shop of the 5 that I knew had a give-back initiative. Thanks for sharing these others!
How 2 Wear It  http://how2wearit.com
I love learning about brands that give back! I didn’t know H&M did, that’s awesome!
I knew TOMS gave back but had no idea about the others! So awesome!
I had no idea that some of these brands were giving back… especially Adidas! Really loved reading this and so happy to know brands are stepping up now!
Denise | Fashion Love Letters