Holiday Street Style: red long sleeve tee / black athletic pants / classic sneakers /
‘Tis the season! The holiday season is my favorite time of the year, it is also a busy time of the year! My kids are in school until the Friday before Christmas, which means I have to make sure we get ready for the holiday season early.
We always prep for the holidays in early November. This way we can get a head start on everything we need to do. If you have kids in school, you know the school keeps you busy during the holidays with music performances, parties, and finals! Plus sports go into playoff season, which adds stress to an already hectic schedule. It gets so busy, there isn’t time to sleep or think!
I like to get my holiday shopping done in November. I try to start shopping before Thanksgiving, but sometimes I have to wait for all the fabulous sales and deals which start around Thanksgiving, and continue through Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and all the way until Christmas.
Since I am running around shopping, decorating my house, volunteering at school, and working on every ad-hoc holiday event or thing you can think of, I need to make sure I am comfortable! Holiday street style isn’t just a “look” or “trend,” it’s a way of life!
These adidas pants are so much fun, and they are a godsend when I am busy. Aside from being super comfortable, they look chic enough to go from a volunteer job at school, to the shopping mall, and back again. Don’t you love the funky stripe pattern? So fun! Plus they are machine washable, love that!
This long sleeve tee doubles as my holiday top, and my football game-day tee. All three of my kids play on sports teams with red as their color, so this top can be worn to any sporting event my kids participate in. Plus, red is the color of the holiday season! Since football season is heading towards playoff season, which happens to fall in the holiday season, I am ready for it with this red tee!
Getting to stores a few minutes before they open, in order to avoid crowds, is my jam! These sneakers are my workhorse shoes for busy holiday shopping, running errands, and staying comfortable while doing it all. Seriously, if your footwear isn’t comfortable, you get tired faster. These shoes keep me going! Plus, the adidas Superstar sneaker is an IT shoe, so they are practical and fabulous. Oh, and my color combo happens to be on major sale, you can check them out here. Love that!
Here are my tips for conquering the holiday season in style:
- Dress for success: get a comfortable yet fashionable athleisure outfit which will take you through the day. My one-stop-shop for athleisure is adidas.com.
- Shop early: Get as much shopping done as you can before Thanksgiving. This way you can enjoy the holiday season and concentrate on scoring some fabulous deals at the sales.
- Get to stores before they open: If you can’t get something online, get to the brick-and-mortar stores before they open. This will enable you to park without a problem, and get into the store to get what you need before the insane crowds arrive. Crowds are mentally draining, by arriving early you maintain your sanity and save a ton of time. It’s win/win!
- Plan for the sales: What is it that you need? Would you buy it if the sale price was the regular price? Answer these questions before hitting the sales. If you have a shopping list, you are more likely to score the deals you need to score, and less likely to waste time shopping for things you don’t need.
- Shop the sales when they start: If a sale starts on Black Friday, shop it the day it starts. The longer you wait, the more likely the item you want will be sold out.
- Stock up on basics: If you are shopping for clothing, look for classics and basics you will use all the time.
Be sure to check out these fabulous Black Friday sales and deals at adidas!
- Women’s sneakers will be 40% off (Falcon, Continental 80s, Stan Smith, LXCON).
- Men’s sneakers will be 40% off (Continental 80s, Yung, Samba, Sobakov, Swift, Superstar).
- Men, Women’s and Kid’s soccer cleats will be 30% off.
- Fleece for the whole family will be 50% off.
- Backpacks will be 30% off.
- Hats will be 30% off.
- Socks will be 30% off.
- Men and Women graphic tee’s will be 50% off.
- Women’s leggings will be 50% off.
- Men, Women, and Kid’s slides will be 50% off.
- Kid’s jackets will be 30% off.
- Women’s hoodies will be 40% off.
- Men and Women’s tracksuits will be 50% off.
- Men, Women, and Kid’s outdoor shoes will be 30% off.
- Men, Women, and Kid’s outdoor clothing will be 30% off.
I’m off to shop, decorate, and plan my holiday season in my comfy holiday street style look, which happens to have a lot of adidas in it!
What are your tips and tricks for conquering the holidays? Leave your comments below!
Thanks for stopping by!
*thank you to adidas for sponsoring this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.