Marchesa showed a stunning collection for the fall/winter 2012/2013 season during New York Fashion Week. Equally stunning were the models that walked the runway with natural faces and slightly metallic eyes.
The make-up at Marchesa’s New York Fashion Week show was done by Talia Shobrook for Laura Mercier and she has shared her backstage secrets with us! The following text was written and provided by Laura Mercier Cosmetics:
Marchesa’s Fall 2012 collection found inspiration in William Adolphe Bouguereaus’ famed 1878 portrait, “A Soul Brought to Heaven.” The classically angelic figures in the painting were brought to life in the collection through frothy tulles, embroidered brocades and pleated silks.
Talia Shobrook, the lead makeup artist for the show, drew from the otherworldly etherealness of the collection to create a makeup look that was “my vision of an angel, brought to life through a luminous palette.”
Shobrook stated “iridescent, porcelain skin was the foundation of the look and evoked the untouched perfection of angels.”
- Talia first moisturized the skin with Laura Mercier Mega-Moisturizer Crème
- She then applied a mixture of Laura Mercier Hydrating Foundation Primer and Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Radiance to the entire face to give it an iridescent base
- Next, she used Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation to lend the skin a porcelain, marbleized look
- Lastly, she highlighted the face with the mixture of Laura Mercier Hydrating Foundation Primer and Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Radiance to give it luminosity
- Talia then “applied a cherubic lip, with a stained effect to modernize the look.”
- Talia mixed Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Merlot and Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Haute Red (NEW: Available Fall 2012) and applied to the center of the mouth
- She then pressed in the color with her fingertips to allow the pigment to bleed outwards
- According to Shobrook, “the ethereal eye lent an incandescent glow to the entire look.”
- Talia first applied Laura Mercier NEW Eye Canvas to the lid to set a base
- Next, she applied the Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour in Gilded Moonshine (NEW: Available Fall 2012) as a liner around the entire edge of the eye
- Laura Mercier Center Faux Lashes were used to give the eye a rounded shape
- Talia finished by applying several coats of Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Lash Building Mascara
All Laura Mercier products mentioned in this article can be found at Laura Mercier counters at fine departments and online at lauramercier.com
*Special THANK YOU to Laura Mercier for providing us with this fabulous tips and tricks!