Baked Scallops recipe
Now that we are sheltering in place, there is plenty of time to try new recipes! My family enjoys eating scallops, but I always cook them the same way; I sear them. I decided to try something new this time, I baked them.
Baked Scallops are delicious! This recipe was a home-run on the first try. It is really easy. So, if you like Scallops, this is an easy recipe to try. It’s much easier to bake them than sear them! Love that!
- Large Scallops-20
- 8 pats butter
- 4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Season to taste: Paprika, Lemon Juice, Basil, Salt
- Pre-heat oven to 425, ensuring the rack is in the middle of the oven.
- Grab an 11×13 casserole dish and place 8 pats of butter, evenly spaced apart, in the casserole dish.
- Evenly space 20 large scallops in the casserole dish, ensuring the butter pats are spaced apart too.
- Evenly spread 4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan across the scallops
- Season to taste: evenly spread basil, salt, paprika and lemon juice on top of the scallops.
- Bake at 425 for 16 minutes
- Scallops should be white and opaque; 130 degree Fahrenheit internal temperature.
- Place scallops on dish. My kids typically eat 4 large scallops, while my husband will 6, and I eat 5. With a tablespoon, scoop up the buttery sauce in the casserole dish and pour it over the scallops on the plate.
- Serve with your favorite vegetable. We used frozen peas melted in butter because we are sheltering in place, and that’s what I had in the freezer. Under normal circumstances, I might serve with cauliflower, sliced cucumber, and/or peas. Peas are mild and sweet, so they do pair well with scallops!
Things you might need to make baked scallops for dinner:
If you want a side dish, try mashed potatoes or jasmine rice. You can pour the sauce from the casserole dish over the rice or potatoes. Yum!
This dinner felt fancy, and was a nice change during our shelter-in-place. Sometimes it is nice to treat yourself with good food when you are feeling down; like most of us are feeling during this unprecedented time.
Bon Appetite! I hope you love this dish as much as my family does 😊
Thanks for stopping by!