Claire Danes dazzled on the red carpet last weekend at the 2014 SAG Awards. Her beauty look was fresh and her sleek gown by Givenchy showed her extremely fit post-baby body. Loved it! Although the gown may be hard to come by, we can all get her beauty look at home with a few simple steps and cosmetics by Laura Mercier!
Below are step-by-step instructions, with products, on how to get Claire Danes beauty look at home. A special THANK YOU to Laura Mercier for providing us with these fabulous tips!
2014 Screen Actors Guild Awards
“Female Actor in a Drama Series” for “Homeland” Nominee
Look by Matin Maulawizada Global Brand Ambassador for Laura Mercier
Makeup artist Matin Maulawizada drew inspiration from Danes’ Vionnet gown which he stated “contained a Roxy Music feel.” To complement the beautiful gown, he created a modern and sexy look with a glimmer reminiscent of the 1980s.
1) First, Maulawizada prepped Danes’ skin with Laura Mercier Mega Moisturizer Crème SPF 15 in Normal/Combination Skin ($50), Laura Mercier Repair Eye Serum($80) and Laura Mercier Repair Eye Cream ($75). Then he massaged Danes’ face using Laura Mercier Foundation Primer ($32) to relax the skin and create an even canvas (the massage is her favorite part of the process!).
2) Next he applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation in Sunny Beige ($50) all over her skin, slightly contouring her face. After that, he blended Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation in Warm Ivory ($50) into Danes’ skin, highlighting its natural radiance.
3) Lastly, he lightly dusted Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder in Universal ($35) to set her makeup, ensuring she looked flawless throughout the evening.
4) Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Rosebud ($24) and a touch of Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Sunrise ($24) to the apples of her cheeks. He used a touch of Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Highlight – 01 ($36) onto her cheek bones.
1) Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Crème Eye Liner in Cobalt ($22) to Danes’ lash line.
2) Creating a bold eye look, he applied Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Smoke ($26) followed by Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Mystical ($23) and Laura Mercier Satin Matte Eye Colour in Dark Spirit ($23) all over her eyelids.
3) To accentuate her eyes, he dusted a thin layer of loose, blue glitter to Dane’s eyelids. For a similar product, Maulawizada recommended using Laura Mercier Sequin Eye Colour in Lapis ($23).
4) Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Long Lash Mascara in Bleu ($24) to accentuate Dane’s lashes.
1) Adding the final touch of glamour, Maulawizada applied Laura Mercier Lip Plumper in Pink Pearl ($30) to Danes’ lips.