Christina Ricci was spotted on the red carpet last night at the MTV Movie Awards wearing a first-ever dress made with Timex Watches and designed by Christian Siriano. Styled by Brad Goreski, Christina Ricci dazzled in the avant-garde dress and captured the attention of Fashionistas everywhere.
Christian Siriano: “As a designer, I’m always looking for new materials that I can use in unexpected ways. Using Timex watches in my design has been invigorating. I am thrilled to have partnered with such an iconic brand-I never thought I would be designing a dress for Christina Ricci made of working Timex watches-it’s genuinely a red carpet ‘moment in time.’”
It took around 1,500 watches to create the dress which fit Christina Ricci’s elegant, yet edgy personal style. Brad Goreski chose the silhouette for the dress due to his vast knowledge of Christina Ricci’s personal style. “When I was first told about this collaboration, my mind immediately went to the jewel encrusted bustier dresses by Gianni Versace and Christian Lacroix in the 1990’s, an era which is having a big resurgence in fashion. We found the perfect dress shape in Christian Siriano’s fall winter 2012 collection, created it to fit Christina’s body perfectly and began playing with the watches and watch pieces to create this elaborate beading pattern. The finished product is 100 percent glamour!”
Everyone involved was pleased with the outcome and Christina Ricci looked amazing at the MTV Movie Awards in her Timex watch dress. Adam Gurian, President of Timex had this to say about the collaboration: “We’re accustomed to men and women wearing the watches on their wrist as a must-have fashion statement. We feel honored to have such a creative collaboration using our watches in such a visionary way-Christian Siriano’s Timex Watch Dress is truly an ingenious work of art that is a timeless icon.”
- Dozens of actual fashionable working Timex watches hand-sewn through the entire bodice applique.
- Sexy, strapless mini-dress made of spiral pleated black silk taffeta. Bodice features a vintage yet timeless deep plunging v-neckline.
- Antique buttons hand-picked by Ms. Ricci.
- Design inspired by John Singer Sargent’s 1884 oil painting “Portrait of Madame X.”
- Hand-creafted applique of Timex watches and jewel-toned Swarovski crystals.
- Back design included more Timex timepieces encrusted with beautiful clusters of crystals and, metal watch links and gears.
- Bold, gold-toned zipper.
- Created in only 3 days!
For more information about Timex, please visit TimexStyleWatch.com
Photos courtesy of Timex Watches