New York Fashion Week is about as close to a trade show as the fashion world gets. Aside from buying conventions, fashion week is when the new trends and styles are introduced for the upcoming season. In addition to designers showing their new collections, New York Fashion Week attracts celebrities, sponsors and outlandish outfits. When looking around Lincoln Center and inside the tents, there are a lot of beautiful things to be found; as well as celebrity spottings! Here are a few snaps from inside and outside of the Lincoln Center Tents during New York Fashion Week spring/summer 2015.
1) Kimora Lee Simmons being filmed by E! inside the tents
2) Pandora from Real Housewives of Beverly Hills with her husband inside the tents.
3) Lincoln Center sparkling at night.
4) The scene outside the tents during the day where street style photographers hang out looking for outlandish outfits to photograph.
5) The final walk at Project Runway.
6) Lined up and waiting to take our seats for Carmen Marc Valvo inside the tents.
7) Rita and I meeting Kriten Taekman from Real Housewives of New York after the Luis Antonio show.
8) A display inside the Lincoln Center tents.
9) Papyrus is a Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week sponsor in New York, this was their beautiful chandelier and mannequin inside their booth in the tents.
There you have it! A small snapshot of what life is like at New York Fashion Week; aside from standing for long periods of time and watching runway shows!
Photos: Cathy & Rita/Bay Area Fashionista 2014©