Reese Witherspoon looked amazing at the 71st annual Golden Globe Awards on January 12, 2014. Her skin was flawless and, as always, her entire look was chic and sophisticated. Makeup artist Mai Quynh designed the beauty look on Reese Witherspoon for the Golden Globe and it was nothing short of amazing!
If you would like to re-create this flawless and fabulous look at home, you can! Thanks to Laura Mercier, who provided the following step-by-step instructions, along with product information, to re-create Reese Witherspoon’s beauty look from the Golden Globe Awards, we can get this look at home! Love this!
2014 Golden Globes Awards
January 12, 2014
Look by Mai Quynh for Laura Mercier
Makeup artist Mai Quynh created a modern and warm look for Reese Witherspoon, who was a presenter at the 71st Annual Golden Globes. Quynh was inspired by the viridian color of Witherspoon’s Calvin Klein dress, as well as her golden complexion.
FACE: Golden, flawless skin
1) Quynh first prepped the skin with La Praire Skin Caviar Luxe Cream and applied Fresh Sugar Lip Treat to her lips. Then she used a foundation brush to apply Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, ($32) all over Witherspoon’s face.
2) She then applied NEW Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide Foundation (COMING FALL 2014) using a BeautyBlender Sponge. She stated, “I love how the natural, matte texture of this foundation melts into the skin, leaving it smooth and flawless.”
4) She then applied Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Praline, ($24) onto the apples of Witherspoon’s cheeks and layered Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Peach Whisper, ($25) on top. She stated, “Layering creams and powders will ensure that your makeup will stay on longer.”
5) Lastly, Quynh applied Laura Mercier Pressed Setting Powder in Translucent, ($34) using the Laura Mercier Finishing Brush, ($42). She then dusted the actress’s forehead, cheeks and chin with Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Powder Bronzer using the Laura Mercier Bronzer Brush, ($45).
LIPS: Neutral lips
Quynh first used Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour in Play, ($24) and swept Laura Mercier Lip Glacé in Bellini, ($24) on top.
EYES: Bright, sultry eyes were the main focus of the look
1) First, Quynh mixed Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colours in Sand Glow and Cocoa, ($26/each) and applied the color from the inside of her eyelid, blending it towards the outer lid.
2) Next, she applied Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour in Fire Glow, ($24) from the lash line to the crease using the Laura Mercier All Over Eye Colour Brush, ($30). She then blended the shadow using the Laura Mercier Eye Crease Brush, ($29).
3) For added depth and dimension, Quynh added Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour in Earth Glow, ($24) to the outer crease. She smudged both Illuminating Eye Colours to the lower lash line, using the Laura Mercier Smudge Brush, ($24)