Have you ever wondered how to make Crisp Apple Donuts? I have! So when Sparkling Ice shared this delicious recipe with me, I was thrilled to be able to share it with you too!
If you love donuts as much as I do, Crisp Apple donuts are a great way to not only enjoy yummy, homemade donuts, they are the perfect dessert for celebrating National Apple Month! Love that!
Below is a fabulous Crisp Apple Donut recipe which is perfect for the fall season, the holiday season, and anytime you feel like having a yummy, homemade donut! This delicious Crisp Apple Donut recipe uses Crisp Apple Sparkling Ice, which gives the donuts a yummy, apple flavor and essence. Love that!
You can learn more about Sparkling Ice flavored sparkling waters online at SparklingIce.com. Sparkling Ice can be found in-store at Target.
Scroll down for all the details about this Crisp Apple Donuts recipe which is perfect for the Christmas season!
Yield – 12 donuts plus holes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 3 hours or overnight
For The Donuts:
- 1 cup Crisp Apple Sparkling Ice
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- ½ cup Splenda Sugar Blend
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
For The Cinnamon Sugar:
- 1½ cups Splenda Sugar Blend
- ½ cup ground cinnamon
Part 1: Making the donut dough
- In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar together, on medium high speed for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time until combined. Slowly pour in the milk and half of the Sparkling Ice to the mixing bowl.
- With the mixer on slow speed add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until just combined. The dough should look shaggy.
- Slowly pour in the remaining amount of Sparkling Ice on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Part 2: Dough storage
- Tear 2 pieces of parchment paper the size of a baking sheet.
- Line the first piece of parchment on a clean baking sheet and heavily dust with flour.
- Turn out the dough onto the floured parchment and press evenly till its about 3/4 inch thick. (If the dough seems too sticky flour your hands before pressing.)
- Lightly flour the top of the dough and place the second piece of parchment over the dough. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
Part 3: Frying donuts
- In a deep frying pan, heat enough oil to come up 2 inches from the bottom to 375 degrees using a candy thermometer.
- Gently peel the top piece of parchment off the dough.
- Using a floured donut cutter, punch out dough and place in hot oil.
- Fry on each side for 2-3 minutes or until light brown. Adjust the heat if needed. Scoop on paper towel lined baking tray.
Part 4: Finishing donuts
- Combine cinnamon and Splenda in a large bowl.
- While the donuts are still warm, toss with cinnamon and Splenda mixture until evenly coated.
- Serve warm.
There you have it! A yummy Crisp Apple Donut recipe using Sparkling Ice which is perfect for entertaining this holiday season. I hope you love these donuts as much as I do!
Tools you may need for making donuts:
*Crisp Apple Donuts recipe created by Sparkling Ice. Reprinted with permission.