One of my favorite desserts during the holiday season is this Apple Crisp recipe! It is so yummy when the soft apples meet the crispy brown sugar. Another thing that makes it the best holiday dessert, is that is it warm and toasty! Love that!
Since the holiday season is coming up, I thought it would be fun to share this delicious Apple Crisp recipe with you. This is an easy Apple Crisp recipe which can be made at home in your kitchen with a few simple ingredients. Of course, there is one key ingredient which makes this Apple Crisp recipe special for the holiday season; the Sparkling Ice! Sparkling Ice is a yummy sparkling water infused with flavors. The Crisp Apple flavor is perfect for this easy Apple Crisp recipe.
If you are planning a huge party, and need to do some prep ahead of time, you can assemble the crumble the night before and just let it sit in the refrigerator overnight. The apples can be cut and cored the night before too.
Yield – 6 servings
Cook Time – 25-35 minutes
For The Crumble:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
For The Apples:
- ¾ cup Crisp Apple Sparkling Ice
- 8 red apples (Gala or Fuji preferred)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
For the crumble
- Combine brown sugar and flour in a mixing bowl, and cut in the butter with your hands. Mixture should look coarse with some chunks the size of peas.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden up.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the crumble on.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes or until light brown.
- Place baking tray on a wire rack to cool.
For the apples
- Core and cube the apples and place in a large bowl of cold water to avoid browning.
- Whisk together the cornstarch with Sparkling Ice in a small mixing bowl, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Add the apples, salt, and cinnamon. Sautee over a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Pour the Sparkling Ice and cornstarch mixture into the pot, stirring continuously.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Break the cooled crumble up with your hands to desired size.
- Scoop the warm apples into 6 small ramekins or an 8 inch square serving dish.
- Top with crumble.
- Serve immediately.
If you are in need of Ramekins, here are a few fabulous ones I found online which are perfect for the holiday season, and beyond! I need to buy several new ones, so I am deciding between this one and this one. Which one is your favorite?
There you have it! I hope you love this Apple Crisp recipe as much as I do during the holiday season. This is a fabulous dessert to serve during holiday parties, dinner parties, and anytime you want to celebrate life! Yummy! Enjoy!
*This recipe was created by Sparkling Ice and reprinted with permission. Enjoy!