What a year! Thank goodness it’s over. There are so many things we would like to leave behind in 2020, and NOT take with us to 2021. Of course, if I listed it all, I would run out of bandwidth on my blog, so I digress. . .
Every year we say goodbye to the trends we were not thrilled about during the year, and get excited for the new trends in the upcoming new year. This year, let’s keep it light, and keep it fashion! Why change the tradition? You already know the heavy stuff, after all, 2020 was. . .well. . .2020. Yuck!
So without further ado, let’s have some fashion fun, and say adios to the bad trends of 2020!
- Messy hair don’t care: Hair Stylists were shut down for awhile during 2020, so we all had horrible quarantine hair. While we are still living under restrictions as we move into 2021, Hair Stylists are open, so get a haircut. You look raggedy.
- Blue: The color of 2020 is so last year.
- The no-pants look: OK we get it, you’re on Zoom and no-one sees your bottom half, but this no-pants thing has spilled over into a blazers-as-a-dress thing, and no-one is here for it. Put your pants on.
- Pajamas at the supermarket: It was sorta acceptable in college to roll out of your dorm in your PJ’s and get to class five minutes late, but this PJ’s at the supermarket thing that started due to quarantine is not a thing. Stop wearing your pajamas to the market. Please, have some respect.
- Trendy handbag shapes: Geometric, or obviously trendy, handbag shapes are over. One season bags are not a thing anymore, so start thinking classic.
- Hair done: Hair Stylists are open for business, and as long as you both a wear a mask, it’s a safe activity. Neat and trim hair is IT for 2021.
- Yellow and Grey: These are the hot colors of 2021. Wear them together or separately.
- Bermuda shorts are the new pants: OK, we get it, you are anti-pants. That’s OK because Bermuda shorts are the new pants. You can pair them with a blazer, vest or casual tee. So put on your Bermuda shorts!
- Outfits at the supermarket: You don’t have to look like you just walked off the catwalk when you go grocery shopping, (of course if you want to, you do you), but please, wear an outfit comprised of outdoor clothing, not loungewear. Think jeans and a tee (groundbreaking!) or something you never get to wear because 2020 sucked. No loungewear or pajamas, only real clothing. Thank you.
- Classic investment bags: 2021 is all about investment dressing, and wardrobing. Look for investment handbags this year which can carry you from one year into the next, and the next, and so on and so forth. Clean lines, timeless silhouettes, and solid construction make the 2021 IT bag. Think Chloe Marcie, Mansur Gavriel bucket bag, Chanel 2.55, Louis Vuitton Neverful, Givenchy Antigona, and the like. Don’t worry, I will post about this a lot in 2021! Love handbags!
So there you have it! The top five things to leave behind in 2020, and to capture in 2021. Have a fabulous New Year, and wishing you all the best blessings in 2021!
Thank you for your support!