If you have been following along for awhile, then you know I am all about IT items! If you are new here, welcome! Periodically I recap the current IT items of the moment. The whole reason I go to fashion week twice a year is to forecast the trends we will wear in real life. Then from there, the trends get narrowed down by what buyers stock on shelves, and what actually sells. If an item of the moment takes off, it is more than just a trend, it is an IT item.
What defines an IT item? This could be debated. In my opinion, an IT item is something that not only reflects a current trend, it starts a trend and sells out quickly. The items in this post are either IT items which are selling quickly, or they are affordable choices from hot IT trends. I hope you love these trends as much as I do!
- The Teddy Coat in brown: OK, so teddy coats, or faux fur coats, have been in style for several winter seasons, but this season the ultimate IT teddy coat is in teddy bear brown. You can wear other colors, but the ultimate must-have hue of the moment is brown. The one pictured above is selling out quickly-so snap it up! I bought it in grey and wish I bought the brown one too while it was in stock. Silly me!
- Clear Tote Bags: The hottest trend in handbags right now, that people actually wear, is the clear tote bag. (cough cough-no-one actually wears fanny packs in real life as cross body bags. Like “fetch,” it’s not going to happen.) The trend in handbags people are actually buying and wearing is the clear tote. The ultimate IT bag of the clear tote world is this cute little one by Staud. You can check out my review of the smaller version here. The larger size, pictured above, is the most popular size they make.
- Chanel Insolence nail polish: This color is almost sold out, so if you want it, snap it up now! Chanel is usually the one with the IT nail polish hues of the season, so this is not a shocker. This is the only IT nail polish color right now, so if you want IT nails, this is your color!
- Fleece Pull-Over: The fleece pull-over is a classic, everyday casual piece. This season, it is more popular than usual. Everyone is wearing one! Leave your ski jacket for the slopes, the ultimate cozy cover-up on casual days is the fleece pull-over. The one pictured above is a soft and affordable version which fits nicely into this trend.
- Faux Fur Trim Booties: Faux fur trimmed booties are a classic cold weather staples. The flat version is hotter than hot this year. The one pictured above is an affordable way to rock this IT shoe trend. If you like the pair I wore on the blog last month, it’s on sale and can be found online here.
- Turtleneck Sweaters: Turtleneck sweaters are another classic that has put itself front and center this season. The IT sweater of the moment is the turtleneck. You can find body conscious versions such as this one, or the relaxed one above.
Shop the holidays 2018 IT list online:
There you have it! The current IT list of the moment. Which item is your favorite from the list?
Thanks for stopping by!