How fabulous did Reese Witherspoon look tonight on the red carpet at the 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards! Her beauty look on the red carpet was nothing short of amazing! If you are dying to get Reese Witherspoon’s beauty look from the 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards red carpet at home; you can! Laura Mercier gave us the step-by-step breakdown of how to get her beauty look at home. Read on for all the juicy tips!
Photo courtesy of Laura Mercier Cosmetics.
Nominee for Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama, Wild
72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards
January 11, 2015
Look by Celebrity Makeup Artist Molly R. Stern
FACE: Clean and photo-ready skin
- Stern first applied Caudalie Eau De Beaute Elixer, ($49) to invigorate Witherspoon’s skin.
- Next, she massaged RéVive Serum Pressé Illuminating Skin Firmer, ($310) to give her complexion a natural, luminous and smooth base. She lightly applied RèVive Moisturizing Renewal Cream Retexturizing Hydrator, ($195) for added hydration.
- Stern then applied NEW Laura Mercier Silk Crème Moisturizing Photo Edition Foundation in Cream Ivory, ($48, Debuts in April 2015) to ensure Witherspoon’s complexion looked “clean and bright.”
- Using Kjaer Weis Cream Blush in Abundance, ($56), Stern lightly contoured Witherspoon’s cheeks to accentuate the colour.
- She then added an intense flush to the apples of Witherspoon’s cheeks, giving her the look of “vibrant heat,” by applying Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Blaze, ($25) topped with Kevyn Aucoin The Pure Powder Glow in Fira – Mango, ($37).
EYES: Golden wash of colour
- Stern’s inspiration for Witherspoon’s eye look was a “golden wash of colour” on the lids, with a smoky look underneath the lash line. Her goal was for the actress’ eyes to look defined and sultry.
- She first created a base using Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour in Black Karat, ($24). She then smudged Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Gilded Gold, ($28) on Witherspoon’s upper lids, “creating a brilliant sheen to compliment her sterling silver gown.”
- Then, she roughly lined the upper and lower lash lines using Laura Mercier Crème Eye Liner in Noir, ($24).
- Lastly, Stern curled Witherspoon’s lashes with the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, ($29), and coated her lashes twice using Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Supreme Mascara, ($25).
LIPS: Wine-stained lips
- To complete the look, Stern created wine-stained lips by applying Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Merlot, $27 topped off with a gold gloss for a luminous sheen.
- After that, Witherspoon “left for the red carpet glistening!”
There you have it! The steps for re-creating Reese Witherspoon’s beauty look from the red carpet at the 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards.
*Special THANK YOU to Laura Mercier for giving us the tips to help us look like Reese Witherspoon on the red carpet!