One of our favorite types of food is pasta. There are so many different ways to fix pasta, so it’s a fabulous staple to keep in the kitchen pantry for lunch or dinner. If you love pasta, and you love chicken, this is a great recipe you can make with them both! You can use chicken purchased for this meal, or use this as a way to incorporate chicken leftovers. It’s great with BBQ chicken leftovers, baked chicken leftovers, and rotisserie chicken leftovers.
This Creamy Chicken Pasta recipe uses cream; which, as we know, isn’t great for a diet. I made it lighter by switching the cream to half-and-half. You can also substitute milk for an even lighter version of the sauce. That being said, here is what you need to make Creamy Chicken Pasta yourself!
Creamy Chicken Pasta ingredients
- 1 pound of your favorite pasta
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I like to use Safeway’s shredded rotisserie chicken, or leftover chicken chopped in smaller pieces)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (or one can diced tomatoes-drained)
- 4 garlic cloves chopped or smashed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I prefer extra virgin)
- 1 pat of unsalted butter
- 1.5 cups of heavy cream (I use half-and-half instead)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 tablespoon each of paprika, basil, oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
You will need two pots to make Creamy Chicken Pasta. One large pot for cooking your pasta, and one medium saucepan for the sauce. Cook your pasta separately from your sauce. For the sauce, mix all the ingredients together and simmer on medium for thirty minutes. Stir frequently to keep the cheese from sticking to the pot. When the pasta is done cooking, drain, and then mix the sauce together with the pasta. Voila! You have easily cooked Creamy Chicken Pasta! Love!
My kids really enjoy this meal, and it is an enjoyed by adults too. This makes a great family dish! You can top it with more parmesan cheese if you’d like, once it’s on your plate. This should make about nine servings. We usually have leftovers, and the leftovers are great for lunch the next day. I hope you enjoy my Creamy Chicken Pasta recipe!
Thanks for stopping by!