This Mozzarella Rice Torte is a backyard BBQ recipe I grew up with. A rice torte is a great side dish to bring to someone’s house for a summer BBQ, a Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving, or any holiday party. In addition to a side dish for a party, it’s a great main course when served with fruit and vegetables.
My Mozzarella Rice Torte is really easy to make. Here is what you need:
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 4 eggs-beaten and mixed well
- 1 cup Parmesan
- 1 tablespoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 pats of butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin is best)
- ¼ cup tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 package of shredded mozzarella
Mix together, then add rice and mix well.
Pre-heat oven 350.
- Layer one half of rice mixture, and smooth out with a spoon
- Layer all of the mozzarella on top of the rice
- Layer the second half of the rice mixtures, and smooth out with a spoon.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes at 350.
- Bake uncovered an additional 5 minutes at 350.
- Let the torte cool for an hour before slicing into cubes.
- Serve at room temperature.
Voila! You have a delicious side dish everyone will enjoy!
Kitchen tools you might need:
I hope you enjoy my Mozzarella Rice Torte!
Thanks for stopping by!